Friday, September 25, 2009

Surviving Breast Cancer Lecture at SAA

Somerset Art Association
presents
"Surviving Breast Cancer:
Decades of Hope"
 
Panel discussion comprised of medical professionals and women diagnosed during different stages of their life
 
DogAndrea 
 
Medical Experts
Dr. Angela Lanfranchi
&
Dr. Kathleen Toomey
 
Survivors
Pam Adams
Meera Bagle
Sheryl Hardy
Marion Behr
 
 Guitarist Bob Filoramo will perform an original piece written for a close friend and survivor
 
Thursday, October 8
6:00-8:00 pm
at
Somerset Art Association
 
Suggested donation $10

Funds raised will benefit the
Somerset Art Association with a pecentage donated to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation
 
Seating is limited.  To Register Call SAA.
(908) 234-2345 
  
  "There were the obvious changes...I lost my hair and had both breasts removed, but the reconstruction of one breast went awry and I had to have it deflated. So, outside of being lopsided, I had the shriveled remains of a fake boob...wasn't pretty.  They eventually removed the tissue expander from my right side and left me with only one breast (and a fake one at that) for nearly 9 months.  And to top it all off I gained about 10 pounds during it all...but if you asked anyone who knew me - I was at my sexiest during those months with no hair, one boob and 10 extra pounds...and it was because I believed it was true.  And that was the change I never expected to gain from a cancer diagnosis...I made the decision to not let cancer slow me down.  This was my life and I wasn't going to let this get in the way."
 
Survivor Pam Adams, diagnosed at age 27

No comments:

Post a Comment